Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Scary Thing


My daughter stayed the weekend at my niece's apartment. On Sunday morning, my niece told me that she though my daughter had a seizure. Addie's never had a seizure, so I wasn't so sure until my niece started to explain what occured.

I got her in to the doctor the next day and thankfully, after much prayer from many people, we learned that it was nothing. It has something to do with Vagas nerve in her neck. When this nerve is active, it results in low blood pressure and low heart rate, which could have caused her spell. It's not likely to happen again and if it does, she'll need an EKG.

Anyway, first of all, I thank the Lord for loving us so much that he grants us mercy in situations like this. I would also like to thank those who were faithful to pray for Addison. Without this prayer, we don't know what kind of news we would have received yesterday from the doctor.

And everyday I think to myself how blessed I am to have such a beautiful, talented, smart 9 year old. How much He must love me to bless me with this girl!!! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: