Friday, April 16, 2010

Time Away


Today I'm off for my annual trip with my mom, cousin, and aunt. We try to spend an entire weekend away in a bed and breakfast. I always look forward to these trips. This year, we're off to Fort Scott, KS. I'm not sure that there's a whole lot to do there, but the place we're staying looks AMAZING. It's called the Lions Twin Mansions. We're getting a whole house to ourselves (we're paying pretty good for it too). We're planning on scrapbooking and also maybe some garage-saling.

My aunt is cooking one meal and I'm cooking Cajun Chicken Pasta. It's a recipe from The Pioneer Woman.... who I secretly wish I was. Okay, not so secretly. I tried it yesterday and it was pretty de-lish, but the photo is hers, not mine, and let me just say that mine looked nothing like this.

I am taking a NEW Summer Workshop Kit with me to scrapbook-- Splendor. When I saw this paper pack, I was a little unsure about it. Until I got the kit in my hands and I love it. It's got outdoorsy colors in it-- Goldrush, Heavenly Blue, Moonstruck, Topiary. The possibilities for this kit are endless.

I'm also working on some cute things for my crop attendees. I am so excited for that. I have lots of work to do and only 2 weeks to get it done. This year, I have 9 confirmed so far. I haven't decided what I'm serving for the meal either. If you post an idea to this blog post, I'll put you in a drawing for the new Splendor Designer Brads. I wish I could show you a picture.... but you have to wait until May to see the new Summer products in the Summer Idea Book.

No comments: