Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dreamin' and School Calendar

Look at these cute circle cards! The bottom two are from the Dreamin' Workshop Kit. The top left one is right from the Idea Book....yes, even consultants copy the Idea Book artwork! Why come up with your own ideas, when it's already in front of you?

Papers Used: Dreamin'
Stamps Used: Workshop Kit stamp set, Harvest Happiness, and So Grateful
Embellishments: Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel and Shimmer Brads (came with the workshop kit), Honey Mini Medleys, Antique Copper Brads, Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon.

I finally got a Cricut and have used it a few times. I'm busy creating some artwork and haven't really had the chance to play around with it.

However, as some of you know, our family is homeschooling this year. So, with my Cricut, I created an interchangeable calendar for my first grader to use in the morning. I cut out the month letters and then a shape for each day of the month. August is suns. September is apples and so on. I slid the calendar into a CTMH page protector and am attaching the sun days with glue dots to the page protector. Works like a charm! For now, I just attached the month to the top of the protector, but I would like to create a cute page topper using the month header, but haven't had the time lately.

And homeschooling is great so far! I love it and the kids are liking it for the most part.

1 comment:

Kayla W said...

Good luck with your homeschooling! If anyone can do it, you can. You have the patience of a saint! Don't think I could ever do it, and I have a teaching degree...nope-not a chance. :0)