Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th


This is pretty much the only good photo I got from our July 4th festivities. It rained all day on the 3rd and the 4th. We barely squeezed in enough time to shoot fireworks. Joel had $30 to spend and Addie and Silas had $10 each. They asked every half hour until Dad finally said yes, we'll shoot. Amazingly, we had a few leftovers to save for next year.

I just don't get in to the whole fireworks thing. I don't really like the typical July 4th heat and  being outside all day, with kids that stress me out... You get the picture. So this year's was a GREAT holiday for me! The kids got to shoot their fireworks and hang out with their cousins, but we didn't get to go to the parade. Still, Wamego, KS has the BEST fireworks display I've ever seen and we did get to enjoy that. 

Hopefully, next year will be better for everyone else (and more than likely, worse for me).

No comments: