Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fresh Blueberry Muffins

My actual photo!
Hy-vee is having a sale on blueberries-- $0.88/container. I love the rich bluish-purple color of blueberries, but don't really care for the taste. There's just not much there. Unless you bake with them! Mmmmmm! So I searched Allrecipes.com for a highly-rated blueberry muffin recipe. The highest one involved a crumb topping, which I don't care for. The next highest one is Called Blueberry Cream Muffins. I made them almost just the like the recipe called for. First, I cut the recipe in half. Then, instead of sour cream in the recipe, I used 2 oz. softened cream cheese and about 1/2 cup of milk. I just didn't have the sour cream.

Since Steven's on the South Beach Diet, I considered making it with whole wheat flour and Wal-Mart's version of Splenda, but I just didn't have the heart to ruin this recipe!

They turned out AMAZING. I love the tart, yet sweet taste of baked blueberries. Plus, they look absolutely perfect if I do say so myself! This recipe is a keeper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Photo is incredible. You are incredible. Boom, roasted.