Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Crop Photos and a Recipe








As usual, I had a FANTASTIC time at the crop. I hope you guys did too. I love putting this on. I'm thinking of doing another one in the fall, so let me know what you think about that. 

Here's the cupcake recipe from Angela:

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

*Disclaimer:  The original recipe has a cake recipe, however I choose to use a cake mix because the recipe has four sticks of butter in it!!  As you read the ingredients for the remainder of cupcakes you will understand why I forgo the butter laden cake.  (although I'm sure it's delish!).  Also, the recipe calls to put 1 cup of chocolate chips in the batter before baking and I elect not to do this.  I have made it both ways and I feel it's closer to the cookie dough taste without the chocolate chips in the cupcake batter.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

Bake cupcakes.  After cupcakes have cooled cut a portion out of center of each cupcake. (I use an apple corer).

Filling:  (we call it faux dough....also great in homemade ice cream!)
4 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
6 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
1 Cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
7 oz sweetened condensed milk

Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth.Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerateuntil the mixture has firmed up a bit (approx. 1 hr).  After cupcakes are cooled, fill center with chilled cookie dough mixture.

Frosting:

3 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 c light brown sugar
3 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 c all-purposed flour
3/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp Milk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat butter and brown sugar on medium high until creamy and fluffy.  Mix in the powdered sugar.  Beat in flour and salt.  Mix in the milk and vanilla until smooth and combined.



1 comment:

Kayla W said...

Great pictures Amy! Thanks for posting. And, it is NEVER too early to start the baby on scrappin'!